The day before the move
The big day has finally arrived! You are almost ready to go. We have compiled some useful tips about the day before you move and moving day itself. Good luck, have a safe journey!
The day before
- Defrost your fridge/freezer.
- Keep important documents in a safe place, to avoid them being packed accidentally.
- Make sure you have some food/beverages for moving day.
- Remember that your movers will appreciate tea or coffee too!
- Fully charge all mobile/cell phones.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Get an early start, and have a nutritious breakfast.
- Ensure any children/pets are out of the house before the moving crew arrive.
- Talk to the foreman of the moving crew to give specific instructions you may have for certain items.
- Check the inventory list and sign it.
- Provide the driver with your contact information and verify that the destination address is correct.