Tips and guides for moving
International moving is constantly voted as one of the most stressful life events anybody can go through. The three most important tips for a secure, smooth and timely transition are:
- Start the planning and the preparation well in advance
- Focus yourself on the arrangements for family and job(s)
- Select Gosselin Mobility to take care of the door to door move!
To help you get a head-start in your preparations, we’ve compiled some checklists, guides, references and tips based on our years of experience in the industry. Of course we’ll make your move as smooth as possible, but arming yourself with knowledge in advance will definitely help to ease some of those pre-move jitters.
The day before
- Defrost your fridge/freezer.
- Keep important documents in a safe place, to avoid them being packed accidentally.
- Make sure you have some food/beverages for moving day.
- Remember that your movers will appreciate tea or coffee too!
- Fully charge all mobile/cell phones.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Get an early start, and have a nutritious breakfast.
- Ensure any children/pets are out of the house before the moving crew arrive.
- Talk to the foreman of the moving crew to give specific instructions you may have for certain items.
- Check the inventory list and sign it.
- Provide the driver with your contact information and verify that the destination address is correct.