Welcome to our news section
Business Activity Ukraine and Russia: Update
April 15 2022: Following the 5th package of EU sanctions imposed upon Russia and Belarus, we now have some additional information to share.
- As per the latest EU sanctions, Russian and Belarusian trucks will be banned from entering EU countries as of April 16th, 2022.
- There are some exceptions to this, but the ban will apply to personal effects.
- Trucks from EU member states are still currently able to transport household goods to and from Russia. Polish and Lithuanian truckers are currently most active on this lane.
- There is no information yet regarding Russia banning EU trucks from entering its territory, but this might obviously change.
- Gosselin continues to route sea shipments by truck to Antwerp. Sea shipments are not an option for Russian citizens. They only have road (truck) or air as possible transportation modes. Transit time extended by 14 days or more
- Rates have doubled or tripled while capacity is (very) limited. Transit times via Istanbul or Dubai have doubled.
- We have sufficient capacity to store goods in Moscow (or Antwerp).
Gosselin is adjusting its supply chain options according to these further changes and restrictions, particularly the banning of Russian and Belarusian trucks. Moving rates will of course be affected, but we will continue to provide ‘live’ rates to agents, on an ongoing basis, as promptly as possible.
Thank you all for your support and cooperation during these unprecedented times.
For the latest updates on Russia please contact Viktor Gordievich. For rates requests please contact Andrey Khomenko.
The situation remains very tense and is prone to fast changes. Our colleagues will do everything they can to inform partners and customers about changes that might impact their move(s).
CEO Gosselin (Moving)
+41 31 528 27 96